Defect #14015

Ruby hangs when adding a subtask

Added by Ralf S. over 4 years ago. Updated over 4 years ago.

Status:ClosedStart date:
Priority:NormalDue date:
Assignee:Jean-Philippe Lang% Done:

0%

Category:Issues
Target version:2.3.2
Resolution:Fixed Affected version:2.3.1

Description

We experience serious problems since updating from V2.3.0 => V2.3.1:

When adding a subtask, this process can take up to 3 minutes, where ruby produces 99% system load.

A similar effect can be seen, if adding 'related issues', ths takes up to 1 minute.

This bug might be related to the fixes for #13586

or to the current bug #13654

The defect currently makes our Redmine impossible to work with.

Does anybody see similar effects with V2.3.1?

Ralf

all_dependend_issues.patch Magnifier (10.8 KB) Jost Baron, 2013-05-10 01:14

issue13654.jpeg (17.7 KB) Jonathan Tee, 2013-06-10 13:13

screenshot.jpg (76.8 KB) Jonathan Tee, 2013-06-19 16:34


Related issues

Related to Redmine - Defect #13654: Can't set parent issue when issue relations among child i... Closed
Related to Redmine - Defect #13914: Circular dependency issue when issue dependency is set Closed

Associated revisions

Revision 11827
Added by Jean-Philippe Lang over 4 years ago

Improved Issue#all_dependent_issues (#14015).

Patch by Jost Baron.

Revision 11828
Added by Jean-Philippe Lang over 4 years ago

Replaces camelcase variable names (#14015).

Revision 11829
Added by Jean-Philippe Lang over 4 years ago

Removes then's (#14015).

Revision 11830
Added by Jean-Philippe Lang over 4 years ago

Removes some empty lines (#14015).

Revision 11831
Added by Jean-Philippe Lang over 4 years ago

Replaces camelcase variable names (#14015).

Revision 11832
Added by Jean-Philippe Lang over 4 years ago

Check inclusion only once (#14015).

Revision 11833
Added by Jean-Philippe Lang over 4 years ago

Issue#children is never nil (#14015).

Revision 11996
Added by Jean-Philippe Lang over 4 years ago

Merged r11827 to r11833 from trunk (#14015).

History

#1 Updated by Toshi MARUYAMA over 4 years ago

  • Description updated (diff)

#2 Updated by Toshi MARUYAMA over 4 years ago

  • Category changed from Ruby support to Issues

#3 Updated by Jost Baron over 4 years ago

I've looked into it and suspect that this is a problem with the method all_dependent_issues in issue.rb, Line 857. It uses a lot of recursive calls and can probably be simplified.

#4 Updated by Jost Baron over 4 years ago

A patch for this issue is appended, based on revision 11811. It contains a much faster implementation of all_dependent_issues and some additional tests for the method. The new implementation sometimes returns different results, but as far as I can jugde it, that happens due to bugs in the old implementation.

#5 Updated by Toshi MARUYAMA over 4 years ago

  • Target version set to 2.3.2

#6 Updated by Jean-Philippe Lang over 4 years ago

  • Status changed from New to Resolved

Patch committed, thanks for your work.

#7 Updated by Jonathan Tee over 4 years ago

Hi,

i patched my redmine 2.3.1 with latest issue.rb http://www.redmine.org/projects/redmine/repository/revisions/11833/entry/trunk/app/models/issue.rb, now i am able to set a parent issue again (#13654) but now the icons are not corretly displayed for all subissues, see screenshot

#8 Updated by Jonathan Tee over 4 years ago

some more details, see screenshot, issue 6293 was created with 2.3.1 without patch. Patch installed, issues 6295-8 were created without relation. Then i set parent_id to 6294: Icons are missing.

#9 Updated by Jonathan Tee over 4 years ago

forget my notes about missing icons. Now i've learned that icons are only displayed if the parent issue is above the issue. So if i sort on 'parent id' my parent issue is the first and all my sub issues are displayed with icons :-)

#10 Updated by Jean-Philippe Lang over 4 years ago

  • Status changed from Resolved to Closed
  • Assignee set to Jean-Philippe Lang
  • Resolution set to Fixed

Merged in 2.3-stable, thanks for the feedback.

#11 Updated by Jared Fine over 4 years ago

Huge thanks guys. We just upgraded our 1.4.4 install to 2.3.1 and were running into 100% CPU / RAM / swap usage, DB transaction locks, and what looked like infinite loop situations. This looks to have resolved it.

#12 Updated by Marlon Pascoal over 4 years ago

I'm facing this problem.

I've upgraded to 2.3.2 but the problem persists:
  1. When I'm setting a child issue using the parent_issue_id on a issue that has some related issues I receive 'Parent task is invalid'

Thanks

Also available in: Atom PDF