Defect #2329

Swedish translation not comple

Added by Nicklas Holm about 9 years ago. Updated almost 9 years ago.

Status:ClosedStart date:2008-12-12
Priority:NormalDue date:2008-12-24
Assignee:Azamat Hackimov% Done:

0%

Category:Translations
Target version:0.8
Resolution:Fixed Affected version:

Description

Many terms in the Swedish translation are still in English.

sv.yml Magnifier - Draft Version (28.7 KB) Nicklas Holm, 2008-12-15 16:30

sv.yml Magnifier (27.9 KB) Nicklas Holm, 2008-12-16 16:03

sv.yml Magnifier - Thomas version, spårning changed to uppföljning and some real small changes (28 KB) Thomas Pihl, 2008-12-21 18:06

Associated revisions

Revision 2180
Added by Azamat Hackimov almost 9 years ago

#2329, swedish lang update

History

#1 Updated by Jean-Philippe Lang about 9 years ago

  • Status changed from New to Closed
  • Resolution set to Wont fix

Most of translations are not always 100% complete.
Please don't open a ticket for that unless you provide the translation update (lang/sv.yml).
Thanks.

#2 Updated by Nicklas Holm about 9 years ago

Jean-Philippe Lang wrote:

Most of translations are not always 100% complete.
Please don't open a ticket for that unless you provide the translation update (lang/sv.yml).
Thanks.

I'm actually working on it, but thought I should open a ticket to avoid someone else working on the same issue.

#3 Updated by Thomas Pihl about 9 years ago

I could perhaps add some work on this issue as well. But then we need to revise some of the base translation assumptions. My main objection on the current translation is Issue translated to brist (instead of ärende). Brist would translate to deficiency or defect and is imho the wrong word when an issue can be used for a feature request (as an example).

If we agree on this, let's join effort.

/T

#4 Updated by Nicklas Holm about 9 years ago

Thomas Pihl wrote:

I could perhaps add some work on this issue as well. But then we need to revise some of the base translation assumptions. My main objection on the current translation is Issue translated to brist (instead of ärende). Brist would translate to deficiency or defect and is imho the wrong word when an issue can be used for a feature request (as an example).

If we agree on this, let's join effort.

/T

I absolutly agree about changing brist to ärende. How do you suggest we split the work?

#5 Updated by Nicklas Holm about 9 years ago

Nicklas Holm wrote:

Thomas Pihl wrote:

I could perhaps add some work on this issue as well. But then we need to revise some of the base translation assumptions. My main objection on the current translation is Issue translated to brist (instead of ärende). Brist would translate to deficiency or defect and is imho the wrong word when an issue can be used for a feature request (as an example).

If we agree on this, let's join effort.

/T

I absolutly agree about changing brist to ärende. How do you suggest we split the work?

I have attached my draft sv.yml, if you want to review and finish it of?

#6 Updated by Azamat Hackimov about 9 years ago

  • Status changed from Closed to Reopened
  • Assignee set to Azamat Hackimov
  • Resolution deleted (Wont fix)

Call me when you done :).

#7 Updated by Nicklas Holm about 9 years ago

I took the liberty of completing it myself (to r2112).

Thomas, please have a look and report any typos or suggested language improvements.

#8 Updated by Erik Olsson about 9 years ago

The new translation looks good to me, except for the non-translation of the word 'repository'. Other bug trackers such as Savannah uses 'förråd' or 'källkodsförråd' which is not a perfect translation, but much better than keeping 'repository', IMHO.

#9 Updated by Nicklas Holm about 9 years ago

Erik Olsson wrote:

The new translation looks good to me, except for the non-translation of the word 'repository'. Other bug trackers such as Savannah uses 'förråd' or 'källkodsförråd' which is not a perfect translation, but much better than keeping 'repository', IMHO.

I know, it's not spot on but I replaced the old term "Repositorie" which I found worse.

#10 Updated by Nicklas Holm almost 9 years ago

Azamat Hackimov wrote:

Call me when you done :).

I'm done

#11 Updated by Thomas Pihl almost 9 years ago

Changed a few words, i like a lot of what you did!

Repository could be "källkodsdatabas". But then again, you could put so many other things in a repository.

I'd say this is ready to be submitted to main redmine.

/T

#12 Updated by Azamat Hackimov almost 9 years ago

OK, I'll commit last file ASAP.

#13 Updated by Azamat Hackimov almost 9 years ago

  • Due date set to 2008-12-24
  • Status changed from Reopened to Closed
  • Target version set to 0.8
  • Resolution set to Fixed

Updated, thank you.

Also available in: Atom PDF