As a project admin I need to be able to set notification rules at the project level based on a role.
We have a need for project level notification schemes tied to roles managed by the project administrator.
We have a single Redmine instance with many projects. Not everyone is configured as a user with a role in the project, but while our group has been small it's worked to have the "public" option on a project enabled to allow others to browse into the project. This allows for transparency within the group without having to everyone receive notifications for a project they may only casually check in on.
We are now needing to include other groups (some from outside our organization) in our Redmine instance and need to be able to maintain some level of transparency across project, but need to disable the "public" checkbox on our projects so all users added to our Redmine instance aren't able to browse everything by default.
Ideally we would be able to create groups and assign that group a role in specific projects that would have a notification scheme configured to receive no notifications for that project.Notes:
- I've seen some similar requests, but I didn't feel they were described in quite the same way I see the problem.
- I also don't see any combination of plugins or settings that allow me to solve the problem I'm facing gracefully.
- We are running Redmine 3.x
- Can this be added to the Redmine roadmap?
- Is this better implemented as a plugin?
- Does anyone know of a plugin, combination of plugins/settings to accomplish what we're looking for?
#1 Updated by J. Zimmerman over 1 year ago
An alternative to notifications being applied to roles at the project would be to apply them to the roles directly.
So the two scenarios would be either:
- Users in a specific project with a specific role in that project have a specific notification scheme. If no notification scheme exists for their role in that project they get the default notification scheme.
- Alternatively: A notification scheme is attached to a specific role. Users assigned that role in a project get that notification scheme. If no notification scheme exists for that role they get the default notification scheme.