Defect #6607

Unclear caption for german button_update

Added by Alex T about 7 years ago. Updated about 7 years ago.

Status:ClosedStart date:2010-10-08
Priority:NormalDue date:2010-10-28
Assignee:Azamat Hackimov% Done:

0%

Category:Translations
Target version:1.0.3
Resolution: Affected version:1.0.2

Description

button_update currently translates to "Aktualisieren" which also translates to "refresh". In the context of editing existing issues this should be "Ändern"

de.yml Magnifier (40.6 KB) Jan Wedekind, 2010-10-11 10:48

Associated revisions

Revision 4298
Added by Azamat Hackimov about 7 years ago

Translation update (de, #6607)

History

#1 Updated by Alex T about 7 years ago

Switch "Ändern" to "Bearbeiten" ... even better :-)

#2 Updated by Felix Schäfer about 7 years ago

Now that you mention it… Second that :-)

Alex: could you provide a diff of the german language file with the updated strings?

#3 Updated by Azamat Hackimov about 7 years ago

Also you can translate new strings.

#4 Updated by Jan Wedekind about 7 years ago

Not sure if that's been done by somebody else, but just in case, here it is (attached). If someon explain to me how to make the nice inline diff of things changed, I'll gladly do that too next time :)

I've noticed two other strange things I would change:

  • "annotate" is labeled as "Annotieren" - while that is correct German, it's a rather uncommon word really. I would rather label it "Kommentar hinzufügen".
  • "Log time" is labeled as "Aufwand buchen" - that's really awful accountant's German. I would rather put "Zeit erfassen" (and similar changes in other related labels).

Let me know what you think and I can also change those entries.

(Btw: I pulled the latest copy from the trunk before editing - I am a newbie in that sense here so I thought I rather mention it ;))

#5 Updated by Azamat Hackimov about 7 years ago

  • Due date set to 2010-10-28
  • Status changed from New to Resolved
  • Target version set to 1.0.3

Commited.

#6 Updated by Eric Davis about 7 years ago

  • Status changed from Resolved to Closed

Merged into 1.0-stable for release in 1.0.3

Also available in: Atom PDF