HowTo install Redmine in Apache Tomcat¶
As I'm running an Apache Tomcat Server already, I wanted to run redmine in it with Jruby, so I won't have to manage a mongrel/passenger setup.
Steps to achieve this¶
Tested with Redmine version 0.8.0 and 0.8.6 on Ubuntu Karmic.
Attention! There is a problem on 0.8.7 not resolved yet!
Assumption is you have a redmine running in plain ruby and it's working with "./scripts/server -e production"
If not, check the other docs first first.
I'm using a socket connection to mysql, there might be some extra steps (e.g. configuring jdbc) necessary for a mysql connection via network.
Here we go:
- aptitude install jruby1.2
- cd redmine-VERSION
- test running it manually:
- jruby ./script/server -e production
- Install warbler gem - a tool to package rails applications as Java web application .war files:
- gem install warbler
- Run warbler:
- warble config - or if warble is not in your path like in my setup: ~/.gem/ruby/1.8/bin/warble config
- Edit the warbler config:
- vim config/warble.rb
- change line config.dirs... to be:
- config.dirs = %w(app config lib log vendor tmp extra files lang)
- run warble:
- warble - or if warble is not in your path like in my setup: ~/.gem/ruby/1.8/bin/warble
- place the redmine war into your tomcat webapps directory:
- cp redmine-VERSION.war $TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/redmine.war