Enhance Document and File functionality?
Redmine is great PM tool, but still there is a need to store files and to keep a version number, to lock the older version, to see differences in docs and/or files...
Current implementation of "Document" and "File" gives a possibility to store text and files... which works and is ok...
How about to add more functionality to it?For example:
- version or revision attribute (btw, it is not possible to add custom fields to Document/File part)
- a custom revision schema could be defined (number generator or simple sequence like: 1,2,3)
- revision support
- add a Revise button; so, that the older Document/File will be locked for editing.
- the new copy will be created -- and available to edit only to the user who made revision. A new revision will be assigned
- unlock button to make the Document/File available for other users -- this can be a checkin/checkout functions.
- history can be added (similar to wiki history, but without revert to older function... maybe)