Workflow permissions are broken if user has multiple roles in project
It works in two cases:
- User has one role
- User has two roles with the same workflow permisions
Updated by Alexander Kriventsov over 10 years ago
- File r1.png r1.png added
- File r2.png r2.png added
- File members.png members.png added
- File good.png good.png added
- File members2.png members2.png added
- File bad.png bad.png added
I will try, but my English is not so good...
I have two roles R1 and R2.
I have for R1 and tracker "Bug" start date is requiered for state "New".
When I apply for user "test" role R1 everything are working.
But when I add for user "test role R2 in the same project permissions are not working.
Please take a look in attachments.
Updated by Dipan Mehta over 10 years ago
I figured by try an error what would be the ultimate behavior of the particular field when multiple roles are at play:
- Required: the field will be FORCED to be required only if ALL ROLES requires it.
- Read-only: the field will be FORCED to be read only if ALL ROLES makes it read-only.
If the field id NOT REQUIRED for any role - (e.g. as reporter role don't have to fill target-version) it will not force you to be REQUIRED.
If the field is NOT READ_ONLY for any role - (e.g. as a manager role I can see the 'Resolution' and update it) it will not force you to be READ_ONLY.
So in general multiple roles makes it 'more permissive'.