Version to have history
While each work item in software is reflected in issues - version typically have significant critical role in the overall development process.
As indicated under #13387 - the version should be treated as a first class citizen in redmine.Version should have the history - which provides for
- Changes in the custom fields,
- Allow for adding notes
- Register when specific issues were moved in and out under the given version.
- Also, many a times scope and reviews about specific done under meetings - so there should be some representation of capturing minutes-of-meeting (with timeline) under the version page.
- Release notes, User documents, Testing documents etc. can be added specifically for each version.
This help version to be a able to capture the complete and more comprehensive (than issues) outline that will capture the development processes.
Updated by Toshi MARUYAMA over 6 years ago
- Related to Feature #13387: Improving Redmine's version model (not just milestones) added
Updated by Steve Légaré over 6 years ago
+1 Version to have history (tracking field modification, linked issues, etc).