My goal is to it implement these repository features (ordered by importance):
- All repository files/folders are statically served via HTTP (addressing the problems from #1410)
- Hybrid manual/dynamic generation of zipped folders/files (most likely required for 1)
- URL generation widget and clipboard widgets
- Inline Code editing with commit (wishlist)
Merging Redmine with GitHub's best features would make it unstoppable. I am unsure of the exact complexities but I should have estimates and a few prototypes within a week or two.
#1 Updated by Timothy Allen about 10 years ago
- % Done changed from 0 to 20
- Using send_file with the x_sendfile option (send_file ... :x_sendfile=>true). This would pass the request to the webserver freeing resources and limitations. It is only compatable with Lighttpd/Apache2. I am unsure if Lighttpd/Apache2 can see particular revisions within a repository. It may be necessary to create a temporary file.
- GitHub's copy to clipboard widget is open source and hosted on GitHub. It even comes with a nice ruby helper. I also extracted the url widget from github and am currently redesigning it for the default Redmine theme.