Submissions » History » Version 5
Jean-Philippe Lang, 2008-06-16 07:34
h1. Submitting Bugs
Before submitting a bug report here, please make sure:
* that you're using an appropriate Rails version (see [[RedmineInstall]])
* that your database is up to date, especially if you've just migrated from a previous version or revision (see [[RedmineUpgrade]])
* if your problem is related to svn (or any other scm), that the proper binaries are installed on your Redmine host (see [[RedmineRepositories]])
And have a look at the "bug list":http://www.redmine.org/projects/redmine/issues?query_id=1 to see if it has not already been reported.
When filling a bug report, please give the following information with the description of your problem:
* your database version (eg. Postgresql 8.2)
* your Ruby version (eg. ruby 1.8.6)
* your Rails version (eg. Rails 1.2.6)
* your Redmine version (pick the version number in the _Affected version_ field) and the exact revision (eg. r1142) if you're using repository code
* your scm binary version (eg. svn 1.4) if your problem is about scm integration
* the error stack trace that you should find in the log file if your report is about an error. The message displayed by the app (eg. _...An error occurred on the page you were trying to access. If you continue..._) is useless here.