Perl RT3 (request tracker) migrate script

Added by James Rowe almost 7 years ago

Anyone doing a migrate from RT3?

I wrote a rake task a la the other examples, but needs help going the final distance.

https://github.com/txcowboycoder/Request-Tracker-to-Redmine-Migration

My problem. We don't use RT to it's full extent to have good testing data.

Everything is migrated, but some attributes are left behind that shouldn't have to be.

I didn't want to include it on the "Migrate" section of the wiki without some more polish.

Replies (2)

RE: Perl RT3 (request tracker) migrate script - Added by franz baumann almost 7 years ago

hello,

i am very interested in a solution from migrating from rt3 to redmine. we already use rt for some internal stuff, but i am far away from doing anything with ruby. i get the following errors when trying to do a test migration: (its a fresh installed redmine 1.0.5 with a test project under rhel6)

rake redmine:migrate_from_rt3 RAILS_ENV=production --trace
(in /var/www/html/redmine-1.0.5)
rake aborted!
/var/www/html/redmine-1.0.5/lib/tasks/migrate_from_rt3.rake:846: syntax error, unexpected $end, expecting kEND
/var/www/html/redmine-1.0.5/vendor/rails/activesupport/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:145:in `load_without_new_constant_marking'
/var/www/html/redmine-1.0.5/vendor/rails/activesupport/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:145:in `load'
/var/www/html/redmine-1.0.5/vendor/rails/activesupport/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:521:in `new_constants_in'
/var/www/html/redmine-1.0.5/vendor/rails/activesupport/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:145:in `load'
/var/www/html/redmine-1.0.5/vendor/rails/railties/lib/tasks/rails.rb:9
/var/www/html/redmine-1.0.5/vendor/rails/railties/lib/tasks/rails.rb:9:in `each'
/var/www/html/redmine-1.0.5/vendor/rails/railties/lib/tasks/rails.rb:9
/usr/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:31:in `gem_original_require'
/usr/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:31:in `require'
/var/www/html/redmine-1.0.5/Rakefile:10
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rake-0.8.7/lib/rake.rb:2383:in `load'
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rake-0.8.7/lib/rake.rb:2383:in `raw_load_rakefile'
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rake-0.8.7/lib/rake.rb:2017:in `load_rakefile'
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rake-0.8.7/lib/rake.rb:2068:in `standard_exception_handling'
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rake-0.8.7/lib/rake.rb:2016:in `load_rakefile'
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rake-0.8.7/lib/rake.rb:2000:in `run'
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rake-0.8.7/lib/rake.rb:2068:in `standard_exception_handling'
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rake-0.8.7/lib/rake.rb:1998:in `run'
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rake-0.8.7/bin/rake:31
/usr/bin/rake:19:in `load'
/usr/bin/rake:19

RE: Perl RT3 (request tracker) migrate script - Added by James Rowe almost 7 years ago

I posted fix to the syntax error.

For my company I had to make sure all the saves worked. If you look at the rake task you'll see an exclamation (!) point on the .save function.

Our company used RT in a very limited way and this script reflects that.

If you want to just see what migrates do a find replace with ".save!" as the find and ".save" as the replace. This will allow the script to execute.

Let me know if you want to collaborate on a script that will work for your RT installation.

(1-2/2)