Display a projects tree instead of a flat list in notification preferences
|Assignee:||Jean-Philippe Lang||% Done:|
When managing a large number of projects this gets unruly quickly:
So we replace it's rendering method with nearly the same one for the project page:
#4 Updated by William Roush 10 months ago
Etienne Massip wrote:
Checking the parent project checkbox could make think that notifications from child projects will be sent too, don't you think so?
I would argue that it doesn't, any software I use that behaves like that checks and disables child boxes, but if it could be interpreted that way we should make it clear...
- Notify the user in the section below that says "For unselected projects..." that parent projects don't cascade to child projects.
- Just sort alphabetically, which doesn't work well when project names are ambiguous between different hierarchies of projects.
- For example: "Webservices" under "Project 1" and "Project 2"
- Sort by project hierarchy, but display with breadcrumb trails instead of parent/child hierarchies.
- Project 2
- Project 2 > Test 2
- Project 2 > Test 2 > test4
- Test Project
- Test Project > test 3
Really it would be nice to have some sort of a solution, I know running some 20ish projects at work this gets to be a mess for people with higher level privileges.
#7 Updated by Jean-Philippe Lang 9 months ago
- Tracker changed from Patch to Feature
- Subject changed from E-Mail Notification List For "For any event on the selected projects only..." Ordering/Hierarchy Fix to Display a projects tree instead of a flat list in notification preferences
- Status changed from New to Closed
- Assignee set to Jean-Philippe Lang
- Resolution set to Fixed