Attachments are downloaded instead of being viewed inline
#1 Updated by Mischa The Evil almost 4 years ago
- Status changed from New to Needs feedback
- Resolution set to Cant reproduce
Sergey B wrote:
It is designed in such a way that when you click on:
3. Click on attached file
- attachment name: download is forced
- magnifier icon to the right of the attachment name: file in shown
This is exactly the behavior I see in both the example URLs you posted.
Please provide some more details.
#3 Updated by Mischa The Evil almost 4 years ago
- Status changed from Needs feedback to Closed
- Resolution changed from Cant reproduce to Invalid
Thanks for your feedback.
Yes. I didn't notice that the the icon is clickable. I thought, that this icon is just a decoration, because the same magnifier in 'add relate issue' field does nothing.
Well, it's clickable in the context of attachments. In the context of input fields the icon is used only to indicate that the field has auto-complete search enabled hence it's not clickable.
To be complete:
The filename link triggers a download of the attachment by default (where images are sent inline), and the magnifier ( ) icon (introduced here for #4774 and which is shown only for text files) links to a view that shows the file contents (where diff and patch files on their turn are shown using Redmine's Unified diff viewer).