Deleting wiki child pages
When deleting a wiki page that has linked child pages, the user is asked "Are you sure?" but is possibly unaware that all child pages (and subsequent generations) will be deleted as well. Seefor a small forum discussion.
Perhaps this could be addressed by asking an additional question: "Do you want to delete all (nnn) child pages as well?"
If the user answers Yes to this, then the full cascading delete occurs, otherwise:
- Only the parent is deleted.
- The child pages are left with the original @parent_id@s (and are thus orphaned).
- Breadcrumbs may then appear as Unknown >> Parent topic
- The Unknown link above could, when clicked, lead the author to a new Wiki page entry, which when saved would then become the parent to link all the orphans again.
- Also, if an orphaned page were to have its parent set to something else (via Rename), the option could be provided to set all other pages with the same original parent_id to the new parent. In this way, a whole set of children could be re-linked to an existing page as the parent.
#1 Updated by Jean-Philippe Lang almost 9 years ago
- Status changed from New to Closed
- Target version set to 0.9.0
- Resolution set to Fixed
This problem is fixed in r2676.When deleting a parent wiki page, you're now asked what to do with child pages. There are 3 possibilities:
- move child pages as root pages
- move child pages to another parent page
- delete all descendants