Watchers selection lost when issue creation fails
When trying to save an "invalid" new issue, e.g. with no subject or a due date before the start date, the new issue form "remembers" everything but the selected watchers.
#2 Updated by Felix Schäfer almost 9 years ago
Ok, the quick and dirty fix would be to replace the aforementioned source:trunk/app/views/issues/_form.rhtml#L36 with:
<label class="floating"><%= check_box_tag 'issue[watcher_user_ids]', user.id, @issue.watched_by?(user) || @issue.watcher_user_ids.include?(user.id) %> <%=h user %></label>
That doesn't really solve the underlying problem that
#watched_by only works with saved objects and not with those not written to the DB yet though.
#3 Updated by Jean-Philippe Lang almost 9 years ago
- Subject changed from Watchers won't survive a new issue error to Watchers selection lost when issue creation fails
- Status changed from New to Resolved
- Target version set to 0.9.4
- Affected version (unused) changed from devel to 0.9.3
- Resolution set to Fixed
- Affected version set to 0.9.3
This is fixed in r3705.