Adding Holidays to Calendar
We want to show national holidays and Sundays with a different color in the calendar so that the user knows it is a holiday.
I tried to use "holidays.gem" to do that but yet i couldn't succeed.
We don't mean to use schedules plugin or any, we directly want to change the redmine calendar.
#1 Updated by Jean-Baptiste Barth over 7 years ago
I think it's not something everybody would use. Maybe it would be a good idea to put it into a plugin which would change the default calendar behavior, don't you think ? I'd personally be interested in such a plugin, but have no time for implementing it now.
#5 Updated by Terence Mill about 7 years ago
A very good user case description copied from forum entry
Provide the users with an ability to specify holidays and the application with an ability to determine working and non-working days
There are several reasons to have multiple and customizable calendars in Redmine.
1. Accounting holidays is very important for project planning and activity tracking. Since holidays are country specific, the calendar should be customizable (at UI level) to accommodate local specifics
2. There are cases when some members or even entire enterprise or may work on a custom calendar (four-days week, for example)
3. Project members may reside in different countries and thus, working on different calendars. Therefore the application should be flexible enough to capture and track all these nuances.
Use case identification
In the scope of this module the following use cases were identified:
- Create/Edit a calendar
- Apply one or more calendars in the Calendar View
- Apply one or more calendars in the Gantt View
- List all holidays for a given year
- Determine if a given day is working or no
- Set a calendar for a member or a group
#6 Updated by Terence Mill about 7 years ago
Its nearly to google calendar..
“FullCalendar” provides a full-sized, drag & drop calendar. It uses AJAX to fetch events on-the-fly for each month. It also supports an intuitive interface to manage events that spans over multiple days or weeks. It is visually customizable and exposes hooks for user-triggered events (like clicking or dragging an event.
Could be used and embedded in redmine for appointment management, meeting schedule and holidays.