Defect #7150

NoMethodError - Update 0.8 to 1.0

Added by Thomas Stark almost 7 years ago. Updated almost 7 years ago.

Status:ClosedStart date:2010-12-21
Priority:NormalDue date:
Assignee:-% Done:

100%

Category:-
Target version:-
Resolution:Invalid Affected version:1.0.4

Description

I've upgraded redmine from 0.8 to 1.0.. But I've problems to run the new version.. I've also done the migrations AND the migrations for plugins..

The commands were:

vs2052239:~/docs$ rake db:migrate:upgrade_plugin_migrations RAILS_ENV=production
vs2052239:~/docs$ rake db:migrate_plugins RAILS_ENV=production

The error-message on Welcome-Screen is:

Showing app/views/layouts/base.rhtml where line #41 raised:

You have a nil object when you didn't expect it!
You might have expected an instance of Array.
The error occurred while evaluating nil.<=>

Extracted source (around line #41):

38:         <%= link_to l(:label_search), {:controller => 'search', :action => 'index', :id => @project}, :accesskey => accesskey(:search) %>:
39:         <%= text_field_tag 'q', @question, :size => 20, :class => 'small', :accesskey => accesskey(:quick_search) %>
40:         <% end %>
41:         <%= render_project_jump_box %>
42:     </div>
43:     
44:     <h1><%= page_header_title %></h1>

RAILS_ROOT: /var/www/projects/redmine-1.0

My enviroment is:

vs2052239:~/docs$ RAILS_ENV="production" script/about
Ruby version              1.8.7 (i486-linux)
RubyGems version          1.3.6
Rack version              1.0
Rails version             2.3.5
Active Record version     2.3.5
Active Resource version   2.3.5
Action Mailer version     2.3.5
Active Support version    2.3.5
Application root          /var/www/...../redmine-1.0
Environment               production
Database adapter          mysql
Database schema version   101

Thanks for any help..

History

#1 Updated by Thomas Stark almost 7 years ago

Update the information "Full Trace"

/var/www/projects/redmine-1.0/app/helpers/application_helper.rb:243:in `sort_by'
/var/www/projects/redmine-1.0/app/helpers/application_helper.rb:243:in `project_tree'
/var/www/projects/redmine-1.0/app/helpers/application_helper.rb:226:in `project_tree_options_for_select'
/var/www/projects/redmine-1.0/app/helpers/application_helper.rb:216:in `render_project_jump_box'
/var/www/projects/redmine-1.0/app/views/layouts/base.rhtml:41:in `_run_rhtml_app47views47layouts47base46rhtml'
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-2.3.5/lib/action_view/renderable.rb:34:in `send'
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-2.3.5/lib/action_view/renderable.rb:34:in `render'
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-2.3.5/lib/action_view/base.rb:306:in `with_template'
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-2.3.5/lib/action_view/renderable.rb:30:in `render'
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-2.3.5/lib/action_view/template.rb:205:in `render_template'
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-2.3.5/lib/action_view/base.rb:265:in `render'
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-2.3.5/lib/action_view/base.rb:352:in `_render_with_layout'
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-2.3.5/lib/action_view/base.rb:262:in `render'
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-2.3.5/lib/action_controller/base.rb:1250:in `render_for_file'
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-2.3.5/lib/action_controller/base.rb:945:in `render_without_benchmark'
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-2.3.5/lib/action_controller/benchmarking.rb:51:in `render'
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-2.3.5/lib/active_support/core_ext/benchmark.rb:17:in `ms'

#2 Updated by Mischa The Evil almost 7 years ago

Which plugins do you have installed?

#3 Updated by Thomas Stark almost 7 years ago

Mh, I've had timesheet-plugin installed, but in the new version I have no plugins installed.. Should I install timesheet to avoid nil-pointer?

thx,
tom

#4 Updated by Jean-Philippe Lang almost 7 years ago

It looks like some database fields where not properly initialized during migration.
Can you attach the result of the following query:

SELECT id, parent_id, lft, rgt FROM projects;

#5 Updated by Thomas Stark almost 7 years ago

sure..fyi, the projects all have no subprojects...

1      NULL      3      4
2     NULL     1     2
3     NULL     11     12
4     NULL     7     8
5     NULL     5     6
6     NULL     19     20
7     NULL     9     10
8     NULL     13     14
9     NULL     17     18
10     NULL     15     16

#6 Updated by Thomas Stark almost 7 years ago

Update: I've noticed an real mysql-error.. in calling http://myredmine/projects/projectname ..

Mysql::Error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'AND projects.rgt < ))) AND issue_statuses.is_closed=0) AND (projects.status=1 AN' at line 1: SELECT count(DISTINCT `issues`.id) AS count_all, tracker_id AS tracker_id FROM `issues`  LEFT OUTER JOIN `projects` ON `projects`.id = `issues`.project_id  LEFT OUTER JOIN `issue_statuses` ON `issue_statuses`.id = `issues`.status_id  LEFT OUTER JOIN `trackers` ON `trackers`.id = `issues`.tracker_id WHERE (((projects.id = 2 OR (projects.lft >  AND projects.rgt < ))) AND issue_statuses.is_closed=0) AND (projects.status=1 AND projects.id IN (SELECT em.project_id FROM enabled_modules em WHERE em.name='issue_tracking'))  GROUP BY tracker_id 

It seems, that the default-value for projects.lft an projects.rgt is not working..
Thanks for your help..

Tom

#7 Updated by Thomas Stark almost 7 years ago

  • Status changed from New to Resolved
  • % Done changed from 0 to 100

I've done a complete new migration with restored database and newest version (svn update) of redmine. and it works..

#8 Updated by Jean-Philippe Lang almost 7 years ago

  • Status changed from Resolved to Closed
  • Resolution set to Invalid

Your project table was looking ok. Anyway, thanks for the feedback.

Also available in: Atom PDF