Description preview while editing an issue
|Target version:||1.0.0 (RC)|
Currently, the user can preview description/notes by clicking "Preview" at the bottom of the page. I think that there are two problems with this functionality.
- The label "Preview" is too general... I expected to be previewing the whole ticket, not just the description.
- The preview is displayed at a relative distance to the actual content.
How about trying one of these:
- Display a full ticket preview.
- Place the Preview link directly under the description, and also have the preview display there too.
- Rename "Preview" to "Description Preview"
#1 Updated by Phil Hord almost 9 years ago
As mentioned in #2094, the preview is also missing any updates to the original description field.
I think the preview is intended to be used for verifying the wiki-text formatting. I think that is why the notes are the only thing shown in the preview window. However, the Description text should have its own preview "button" if this is the case.
#2 Updated by Jean-Philippe Lang over 8 years ago
- Subject changed from issues: description/note previews to Description preview while editing an issue
- Status changed from New to Closed
- Target version set to 1.0.0 (RC)
- Resolution set to Fixed
As of r3623, description will be previewed if it was edited.
IMHO, previewing issue attributes doesn't make much sense so I close this ticket.