Redmine exposes some of its data through a REST API. This API provides access and basic CRUD operations (create, update, delete) for the resources described below.
Authentication¶Most of the time, the API requires authentication. To enable the API-style authentication, you have to check Enable REST API in Administration -> Settings -> Authentication. Then, authentication can be done in 2 different ways:
- using your regular login/password via HTTP Basic authentication.
- using your API key which is a handy way to avoid putting a password in a script. The API key may be attached to each request as a "key" parameter or it may be passed in as a username with a random password. You can find your API key on your account page ( /my/account ) when logged in, on the right-hand pane of the default layout.
- Stable - feature complete, no major changes planned
- Beta - usable for integrations with some bugs or missing minor functionality
- Alpha - major functionality in place, needs feedback from API users and integrators
- Prototype - very rough implementation, possible major breaking changes mid-version. Not recommended for integration
- Planned - planned in a future version, depending on developer availability
|Issues||Beta||Usable with some bugs and rough edges.||1.0|
|Projects||Beta||Usable with some bugs and rough edges.||1.0|
|News||Prototype, Planned|| Prototype implementation for