Redmine migration from mantis and russian characters

Added by WMI Admin over 11 years ago

Hello everyone.
We tried to migrate from mantis with this http://www.webismymind.be/page/fr/17/migrate-mantis-120rc1-to-redmine.html script.
All is fine except russian words.
We tried utf8, latin1 ant cp1251 encoding.
All data in mantis is in utf8.

How can we migrate data with proper russian words ?

Thanks.

Replies (1)

RE: Redmine migration from mantis and russian characters - Added by WMI Admin over 11 years ago

1.
mysql> SHOW VARIABLES LIKE 'character_set_%';
Variable_name Value
character_set_client latin1
character_set_connection latin1
character_set_database latin1
character_set_filesystem binary
character_set_results latin1
character_set_server latin1
character_set_system utf8
character_sets_dir /usr/share/mysql/charsets/

8 rows in set (0.00 sec)

mysql> use mantisbt;
Reading table information for completion of table and column names
You can turn off this feature to get a quicker startup with -A

Database changed
mysql> SHOW VARIABLES LIKE 'character_set_%';
Variable_name Value
character_set_client latin1
character_set_connection latin1
character_set_database utf8
character_set_filesystem binary
character_set_results latin1
character_set_server latin1
character_set_system utf8
character_sets_dir /usr/share/mysql/charsets/

8 rows in set (0.00 sec)

2.
nano /etc/mysql/my.cnf

skip-character-set-client-handshake=1
default-character-set=utf8

/etc/init.d/mysql restart

3.
mysql> SHOW VARIABLES LIKE 'character_set_%';
Variable_name Value
character_set_client utf8
character_set_connection utf8
character_set_database utf8
character_set_filesystem binary
character_set_results utf8
character_set_server utf8
character_set_system utf8
character_sets_dir /usr/share/mysql/charsets/

8 rows in set (0.00 sec)

and now migration was successful with all russian words.

(1-1/1)