Forms are not updated after changing the status field

Added by Akira Nakai over 9 years ago

Hello,
I started using redmine and I have a question about the behaviour related to the fields presented according to the some issue status...
I noticed that after changing the status field, the screen is updated, according to the workflow configuration. However, I noticed that sometimes the screen is not updated as expected. I found out that this behaviour occurs when I am a user that has a role without permission to add new issues.

Example:
1-Consider an issue in "New" status.
2-Log on with a user "John" that has a role unable to create new issues (only update).
3-John changes the issue status to "Analysis".
4-Screen refreshes the group of fields presented to him.
5-Consider that there is a mandatory field to be filled in when the issue status is "Analysis" (not showed in "New" status).
6-However, the screen does not show that mandatory field.

But, if we go to workflow configuration admin page and enable John to add new issues and repeat the previous steps, the mandatory field is there as expected! However, we would not like to enable John to add issues...

Can someone help me to explain if this behaviour is correct?

Environment:
Redmine version 2.1.2.stable
Ruby version 1.8.7 (x86_64-linux)
Rails version 3.2.8
Environment production
Database adapter MySQL

Thanks
Akira

Replies (2)

RE: Forms are not updated after changing the status field - Added by Akira Nakai over 9 years ago

I opened the defect #13188 and it was confirmed, already fixed and set to version 2.3.0
Thanks guys, for the quick response!
Akira

RE: Forms are not updated after changing the status field - Added by Sándor Dombora over 9 years ago

There is another problem connected:

Our developers have access to the tasks when these are "in progress" status.
When they finish, they should update to "testing" status and change the task owner to the "Testing team", however, in "testing" status the develeopers do not have access to the ticket owner field, as they shoud not write it.

When the developers change the task status to testing the owner field becomes hidden and it is not saved. The owner field shoud be hidden after saving the task not before, as the task is in "in progress" status, so the attributes available to developers in this status should be editable.

(1-2/2)