[Solved] Using Gsuite to authenticate Redmine logins
I found: How to use OpenID-Connect with Gsuite Accounts? which is two years old, but I'm currently trying to do the same thing using Redmine 4.1.1.
I've spent some time wandering around in the dark, and feel like something should be possible by using the Redmine Omniauth Google plugin (https://github.com/twinslash/redmine_omniauth_google) and SAML Apps on the Gsuite console (search saml from admin.google.com).
So, I managed to get this working - it was rather simple in the end.
- Go to https://console.cloud.google.com/ and create a new project - I just called ours Redmine.
- Click 'create credentials' and select 'OAuth client ID'
- Select 'Web application' for the application type
- Enter a name
- Enter the main login address for the 'Authorised redirect URIs', with /oauth2callback at the end
- Click create
- Copy the 'Client ID' and 'Client Secret' into the Omniauth Google plugin configuration
You can then use the 'Login with Google' link that appears on the main Redmine login page to login!
We already had Redmine users with email addresses that lined up with our Gsuite addresses, so nothing further was needed.