How to request help
Welcome in Redmine help forum.
Feel free to open a new topic when you're lost in the beautiful world of Redmine.
But before rushing on the "new topic" button, please consider these points:
- Search if your problem was not already discuss here
- Search if your problem has not already an entry in the HowTos section
- Search if your problem has not already an answer in the FAQ
If you still need help, consider creating a new topic, following these recommandations:
- Put a clear and descriptive topic. "HELPPPPPPPPP!!!!" is not descriptive. It's foolish.
- Before explaining your problem, please add the following informations:
- Ruby implementation and version
- Rails version (rails --version)
- Operating system (precise if you're using cygwin when running on Windows)
- Database used, and its version
- Ruby-aware server used: Webrick, Mongrel, Thin, etc. If you don't understand this point, you're using Webrick.
Don't forget to precise where you're meeting your problem in the application (creating an issue, adding a project, etc.)
RE: How to request help - Added by Eric Davis about 14 years ago
Please also attach the output from running the following in your Redmine directory.
YOUR_ENVIRONMENT is what you configured in
config/database.yml (typically 'production' or 'development). This will help us see about your environment. Example:
$ RAILS_ENV=development script/about About your application's environment Ruby version 1.8.6 (i486-linux) RubyGems version 1.0.1 Rails version 2.0.2 Active Record version 2.0.2 Action Pack version 2.0.2 Active Resource version 2.0.2 Action Mailer version 2.0.2 Active Support version 2.0.2 Application root /home/edavis/.common/dev/redmine Environment development Database adapter mysql Database schema version 92