E-Mail submitted tickets: German umlauts in 'Subject' get malformed (ruby 1.8)
|Assignee:||Jean-Philippe Lang||% Done:|
I'm currently in beta-tests for a new Helpdesk Solution for our company and I am really happy with almost everything - except the weak mailfetch functions. But aside from some minor missing features I found a bug, which is critical for us:
I fetch mails like described in the documentation:
rake -f /var/www/redmine/Rakefile redmine:email:receive_pop3 RAILS_ENV='production' host=example.tld firstname.lastname@example.org password=secret project=new_tickets
The problem is, that whenever I have German Umlauts (öäü / Eg. 'ü') in the 'Subject' field, they are getting cut of (Eg. "Notebook überhitzt" becomes "Notebook") when viewing the ticket in Redmine while the E-Mail notification shows strange characters instead of the umlaut (it becomes a black rhombus with a queston-mark inside).
Creating tickets with umlauts in Redmine with the Webbrowser works as expected.
root@redmine01:/var/www/redmine# RAILS_ENV=production rake about About your application's environment Ruby version 1.8.7 (i486-linux) RubyGems version 1.8.24 Rack version 1.4 Rails version 3.2.3 Active Record version 3.2.3 Action Pack version 3.2.3 Active Resource version 3.2.3 Action Mailer version 3.2.3 Active Support version 3.2.3 Middleware Rack::Cache, ActionDispatch::Static, Rack::Lock, #<ActiveSupport::Cache::Strategy::LocalCache::Middleware:0xb6cd7538>, Rack::Runtime, Rack::MethodOverride, ActionDispatch::RequestId, Rails::Rack::Logger, ActionDispatch::ShowExceptions, ActionDispatch::DebugExceptions, ActionDispatch::RemoteIp, ActionDispatch::Callbacks, ActiveRecord::ConnectionAdapters::ConnectionManagement, ActiveRecord::QueryCache, ActionDispatch::Cookies, ActionDispatch::Session::CookieStore, ActionDispatch::Flash, ActionDispatch::ParamsParser, ActionDispatch::Head, Rack::ConditionalGet, Rack::ETag, ActionDispatch::BestStandardsSupport, OpenIdAuthentication Application root /var/www/redmine Environment production Database adapter mysql Database schema version 20120422150750
I would really appreciate any help
#1 Updated by Andreas Fries almost 8 years ago
- While the text in the Subject is messed up, the text inside the mail is displayed perfectly right the ticket and in the ticket-notification-mail.
- In the database (mysql) 'select subject from issues;' shows that the text is cut off after the first umlaut. (Only on tickets submitted by mail)
#3 Updated by Andreas Fries almost 8 years ago
- File raw-mails.zip added
- Assignee set to Jean-Philippe Lang
Thanks for your reply. I have attached a ZIP File with 2 Folders inside. One from my mobile (handy),
one from Outlook Web Access (OWA).
I have found some new hints: Everything works fine, if i use my Android ICS Mobile Phone. With Outlook and Outlook Web Access (OWA) it won't work.
Here is the part i suspect to be the Problem:
OWA / Outlook:
#4 Updated by Jean-Philippe Lang almost 8 years ago
owa/2715bc8b-c608-4403-a598-ed98800282d7/Original.emland the subject of the created issue is:
- with ruby1.8.7: "Testmail from Webmail: "
- with ruby1.9.3: "Testmail from Webmail: ä ö ü..."
So it looks like there's no issue with ruby1.9.3. Tests done with MySQL.