Making the Repository module as nice as the Trac one
Trac offers some really nice features in the repository code browser, which Redmine currently lacks.
For examples those features I think would be nice to have in Redmine and already present in the Trac code browser:
- Inline diff: Trac shows which exact characters of a line have been changed and hightlights them in a different color (darker green / darker red compared to the color of the surrounding characters)
- Browsing through folders at a certain revision
- Cliking on a revision number brings you straight to the diff view, no second click on "View differences" necessary
- The ChangeSet view is very well structured, with messages, propchanges and meta information on top and diff below
- The diff view of ChangeSets has got various options: Inline vs. Side-by-Side view, Ignoring whitespace changes etc.
- ChangeSets can be downloaded as "Unified Diff" patches or "Zip Archive"
- File-renames are listed properly in the ChangeSet view instead of showing a separate add/remove (see also #804)
Would it be possible to port some code from Trac to Redmine?
It would be awesome to see some or all of those features in Redmine, too!
#1 Updated by Ingmar S about 12 years ago
One more thing is the URLs: They look nicer in Trac as well.
While Trac has ChangeSet URLs like this:
the Redmine ChangeSet URLs don't look quite as nice:
...but of course the Trac doesn't have real multi project support, which makes good looking URLs more easy for them.