Author of issue is listed at assignee drop box
|Category:||Permissions and roles|
The issue author that has role with disabled "Issues can be assigned to this role" is still listed at Assignee dropbox (while editing the issue).
- File 1. Role.jpg added
- File 2. project_users_and_roles.jpg added
- File 3. assigning user that has no rights to be assigned to.jpg added
- File 4. assignment done.jpg added
This defect allows to assign issue to user that is not permitted to have issued assigned to him.
I think that is not OK. If role does not permit user to have issues assigned to him, the role settings should be respected.
Look at this scenario:
- The reporter (user that should not have issues assigned to him) creates the issue.
- The developer (another user) is assigned through category (as default assigner for that category) of that issue.
- The developer changes status of that issue, and reasigns the issue to the reporter (by chance)
- The reporter updates the issue (the issue that is unfortunately assigned to him),
- That issue remains assigned to reporter after update.
That is wrong, especialy when the reporter have no ability to set assigner (remember that the issue is set through category defined assigner).
Even more serious is that, if reporter updates the issue, no email notification will ever come to initial assigner (developer) to further work on that issue. The developer will never know that issue is lost out of his sight.
Is there possibility to override or disable current unwanted behaviour?