Project

General

Profile

Actions

Defect #52

closed

bulgarian language issue

Added by Nikolay Solakov about 17 years ago. Updated over 15 years ago.

Status:
Closed
Priority:
Normal
Assignee:
-
Category:
-
Target version:
Start date:
Due date:
% Done:

0%

Estimated time:
Resolution:
Affected version:

Description

Hi,
I'm very happy with redMine!
I translated it to Bulgarian and I saw these "bugs":
- in Gantt, when I switch to bg lang, the titles of the weekdays are displayed with black rombs with "?"
in it. Maybe it's kind of unicode issue, because I saw it with other languages;
- when I try to rename the Enumeration of the Documents with bg characters, they are truncated to 15 chars and there
is the same "?" after the 15th char. Maybe it's because a char tooks 2 bytes. I tried to put there the word
"Tehni4eska dokumentacia" with bg characters (âõхýøчõÑÂúð ôþúуüõýтðцøÑÂ).


Files

bg_r500.rar (9.18 KB) bg_r500.rar Nikolay Solakov, 2008-02-03 10:49
bg.gif (4.75 KB) bg.gif Nikolay Solakov, 2008-02-03 10:49
Actions #1

Updated by Nikolay Solakov about 17 years ago

I forgot to ask, where to send the files for bulgarian
translation?

Actions #2

Updated by Jean-Philippe Lang about 17 years ago

Hi,
You can attach your translation files to this bug or create a
new entry here:
http://rubyforge.org/tracker/?atid=7162&group_id=1850&fun
c=browse
I'll have a look at this problem.

Thanks

Actions #3

Updated by Jean-Philippe Lang about 17 years ago

Could you post your lang file so I can check this bug ?

Actions #4

Updated by Nikolay Solakov about 17 years ago

This is the whole translation. I hope it'll help.

Thanks,
Nikolay

Actions #5

Updated by Jean-Philippe Lang about 17 years ago

Point 2:
- I created a mysql utf8_general_ci encoded database
- I added "encoding: utf8" in db parameters
(database.yml)
like this:

development:
adapter: mysql
database: redmine_bgtest
host: localhost
username: root
password:
encoding: utf8

And it works fine. See attached bg.gif screenshot.

Actions #6

Updated by Jean-Philippe Lang about 17 years ago

Point 1 fixed in rev 501.

Actions #7

Updated by Nikolay Solakov about 17 years ago

Hi,
I think this is related to this issue, so I'm opening it again.

When I execute load_default_data for bg language (probably
any utf8 lang will act like this) I get this:
Loading default configuration data for language: bg
Error: Mysql::Error: #22001Data too long for column 'name'
at row 1: INSERT INTO enumerations (`name`, `opt`)
VALUES
Default configuration data can't be loaded.

The databse is utf8, utf8_general_ci.

Thanks,
Nikolay

Actions #8

Updated by Jean-Philippe Lang about 17 years ago

For me, it works fine if "encoding: utf8" is set in
database.yml
Everything is correctly loaded and displayed.

D:\redmine\redmine>rake load_default_data
(in D:/redmine/redmine)

Select language: bg, de, en, es, fr, it, ja, pt, pt-br, zh [en]
bg ====================================
Loading default configuration data for language: bg

D:\redmine\redmine>

Actions #9

Updated by Kirill Bezrukov (RedmineUP) over 15 years ago

  • Status changed from Closed to Reopened
  • Target version set to 0.7.3

I have the same problem in Russian localization. But I'm using JumpBox redmine package

Actions #10

Updated by Austin Godber over 15 years ago

Kirill,
This is probably a JumpBox problem and not an issue with Redmine itself. I can confirm that the JumpBox does not have "encoding: utf8" set in databases.yml. I will file a JumpBox ticket to get it resolved.

This ticket should probably be reclosed.

Actions #11

Updated by Azamat Hackimov over 15 years ago

  • Status changed from Reopened to Closed

Closed per Austin. Kirill, show please database.yml if you have utf8 problems.

Actions

Also available in: Atom PDF