Private checkbox ignored on issue creation with "Set own issues public or private" permission
When a user creates a private issue, everybody who can view issues (defined in issue tracking permissions) can see it as if it was public.
Ruby version 1.8.7 (i486-linux)
RubyGems version 1.3.5
Rack version 1.1
Rails version 2.3.11
Active Record version 2.3.11
Active Resource version 2.3.11
Action Mailer version 2.3.11
Active Support version 2.3.11
#4 Updated by Alexis U. over 9 years ago
When two users have a developer role on the same project, with the 'Issues visibility' set to 'All non private issues' for that role, if developer A creates a private issue (with the status new), developer B can see it and update it.
Furthermore, an anonymous member can also see it (while his issue visibility is also set to 'All non private issues').
It behaves as if the Issue tracking > View Issues parameter was not taking into account the private/public parameter of the issue.
#7 Updated by Marc Baucher over 9 years ago
- if "Set issues public or private" is checked and "Set own issues public or private" is checked, private flag is registered at issue creation
- if "Set issues public or private" is unchecked and "Set own issues public or private" is checked, it does not work
#8 Updated by Jean-Philippe Lang over 9 years ago
- Subject changed from Private issue visible by everyone to Private checkbox ignored on issue creation with "Set own issues public or private permission
- Category set to Issues permissions
- Priority changed from Normal to High
- Target version set to 1.2.1
Got it. Actually, the "Private" checkbox is ignored when the user creates an issue and has only the "Set own issues public or private" permission. The issue is not created as a private issue.