Plugins Directory » Kanban Tool
|Registered on:||2017-09-14 (6 days ago)|
|Compatible with:||Redmine 3.1.x|
A plugin which connects kanbantool.com with Redmine by letting users choose to automatically add an entry into Kanban Tool when creating a new issue.¶
- Give permission to use the plugin to user roles and projects (as module)
- Control the access to each Kanban board per user role
- Hide stages/swimlanes
- Hide/deactivate certain input types such as the description for a new Kanban entry
- Option to pass new Redmine issue ID to a Kanban custom field
1. Setting up Kanban Tool Plugin¶
1.1 Creating an API Token¶
To give the plugin access to your Kanban Tool, you first need an API Token. In case you already have one, proceed to step 1.2.
- Go to the Dashboard of your Kanban Tool website
- Open your profile go to API access
- Generate an API token
- Make sure that your account has access to all the boards you want, as the API token is limited to that
1.2 Entering API Token & Domain¶
- Go to Administration page of your Redmine installation
- Then to
Plugins > Kanban Tool > Configureto access the plugin's settings page
- Enter the API Token and domain of your Kanban Tool
- After applying your changes, all your boards will be loaded into the plugin's settings page
1.3 Hiding Stages/Swimlanes¶
To hide stages and swimlanes, simply check the boxes next to them. They will not appear on the New issue page of Redmine and can not be used anymore.
1.4 User Role for Board Access¶
Each board can be assigned to multiple user roles. However, the roles need to have the
Kanban Tool permission. See 1.2 how to set up. Roles with this permission will appear in the plugin's settings page. Once assigned, only users with the allowed user role will have the option to create a ticket in the respective board.
1.5 Hiding Input Fields¶
To hide an input field, follow the same procedure as 1.3.
- As a Kanban title is necessary in order to create a new Kanban entry, the title of the Redmine ticket will be used if hidden.
- If the "stage" field is hidden, a new Kanban entry will be placed in the most left of the corresponding Kanban board.
- If the "swimlane" field is hidden, a new Kanban entry will be placed in the top of the corresponding Kanban board.
- If "stage" and "swimlane" are hidden, a new Kanban entry appears in the top left corner.
2. Using Kanban Tool Plugin¶
2.1 Activating the Kanban Tool Module for a Project¶
The plugin can be activated separately for each Redmine project. To do so, go to
Administration > Projects > [your_project] > Modules and check
2.2 Giving Kanban Tool Permission to User Roles¶
In order to use the Kanban Tool plugin, a user needs to have a user role with the
Use Kanban Tool permission. To give a user role the
Use Kanban Tool permission, go to
Administration > Roles and permissions > [your_user_role] and check the
Use Kanban Tool box.
2.3 Creating a new Kanban Entry with Redmine¶
Before you proceed, check that:
- The current project you are in has the
Kanban Toolmodule activated (see 2.1)
- You are logged in with a user role that has the
Use Kanban Toolpermission (see 2.2)
- Your user role is assigned to at least one board (see 1.4)
- Go to the
New issuepage to create a new issue in Redmine
- A new panel in the bottom section appears
- Select your Kanban options and enter/select data (depending on your settings)
- If no board is chosen, no Kanban entry will be created
3. Third party acknowledgements¶
This plugin is completely independent from http://www.kanbantool.com
Compatible with Redmine 3.1.x.