Plugins Directory » CMI
|Registered on:||2010-12-22 (over 9 years ago)|
|Compatible with:||Redmine 1.0.x, 1.1.x, 1.2.x|
What is the CMI plugin?¶
CMI is a Redmine plugin to have a summarized view of the projects.
It calculates and shows with graphics different metrics as actual effort, cost, progress or deviation from the goals of the projects.
Any doubts, requests or ideas, please send it to us mail to cmi-devel AT lists.morfeo-project DOT org. Thanks
NOTE: CMI stands for 'Cuadro de Mando Integral' with is Spanish name for a Central Panel of Management.
- CMI lets you see the current picture of each project and the global one.
- It makes calculations for you about progress, deviation from the initial goals and so.
- CMI is used by real companies like Emergya for doing the quality project's management for CMMI certificate.
- Functional, but hard to install and use with the current lack of documentation.
- Installation creates custom fields and values which need to be removed by hand if you uninstall the plugin.
- Still needs quite a lot of code cleaning.
- Some performance optimization for the stats calculations is needed.
This plugin has been developed for Emergya by Carlos Parra, Clara Meniz, José Manuel Prieto and some Emergyans more.
The current project leader is José Manuel Prieto.
Metrics per groups view:
Metrics for one project:
- Make sure you have installed the Redmine version 1.0.0 or higher.
- Follow the Redmine plugin installation steps at: http://www.redmine.org/wiki/redmine/Plugins
- Install the plugin running the commands below from your Redmine directory (if you are going to run Redmine in, e.g. the production environment, you need to append RAILS_ENV=production to each line):
rake db:migrate:plugin NAME=redmine_cmi rake cmi:create_data rake cmi:load_role_costs_history rake cmi:load_user_role_history rake cmi:recalculate_costs
- Restart your Redmine web servers (e.g. mongrel, thin, mod_rails)
- Login to your Redmine install as an Administrator
- Enable the permissions for your Roles
- The link to the plugin should appear on that project's navigation as 'CMI'
The plugin needs a bunch of custom fields and values to work. These fields and values are created by the rake task cmi:create_data, based on the configuration in config/defaults.yml. The configuration shiped with the plugin comes with fields and values named in spanish. You can edit the file and translate the field names and values to your language before invoking the task, but the file is undocummented. There are plans to completely change the plugin configuration system.
Also, once all this fields and values are created there is no automated way to remove them.
It is, thus, highly recommended to do a database backup before trying the plugin.
As stated above, you'll have to manually remove the created custom fields and values.
The plugin also makes some database schema changes wich you should revert. Stop the server and in redmine's directory run (if you are running Redmine in, e.g. the production environment, you need to append RAILS_ENV=production):
rake db:migrate:plugin NAME=redmine_cmi VERSION=0
After this you can remove the plugin's directory (vendor/plugins/redmine_cmi) and restart the server.
Compatible with Redmine 1.0.x, 1.1.x, 1.2.x.
Mostly because in 0.9.4 I forgot to update the version in the plugins's info (init.rb). Also:
- : make time_entries.role nullable (so Redmine keeps working if you uninstall the plugin without reverting the migrations)
- : fix a possible error on save
Compatible with Redmine 1.0.x, 1.1.x.
- : now compatible with Redmine 1.1.x
- : better error reporting
- : fix some misnamed translations
- : bug#1269 workaround a bug in rails which affects load_user_role_history task
- : do not fail on user save when there is no historic role record
- : remove last traces of hardcoded roles
- : several code cleaning, style and readability changes
Compatible with Redmine 1.0.x.
- : Finished the UI translation into English (still some strings need to be translated but they are tied to the code and that code require some changes)
- : translate project module name
- : bug#1261 fixed the crash when some projects haven't group asigned
- : Move all code to a namespace (CMI)
- : Added error messages for missing trackers
- : Adding some log information for debugging (