- Plugin Gems
Copyright (c) 2009 Romain GEORGES
Copyright Ultragreen (c) 2009
Under BSD license
- Ruby is copyrighted free software by Yukihiro Matsumoto <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
Ruby under the Ruby License.
- Rails is copyrighted free software by David Heinemeier Hansson
Rails is released under the MIT license.
"Rails", "Ruby on Rails", and the Rails logo are registered trademarks of David Heinemeier Hansson. All rights reserved.
- Redmine is copyrighted free software by Jean-Philippe Lang
Redmine © 2006-2009 Jean-Philippe Lang
Redmine is open source and released under the terms of the GNU General Public License v2 (GPL).
Automation Gems Building plugins for Redmine
This plugins requiers
Warning : this plugin will operate ONLY if you have a SUBVERSION repository configured on the Redmine Project where it has been added.
# cd $APP_ROOT # cd vendors/plugins # svn export https://svn.ultragreen.net/public/redmine-gems/tags/<lastest_tags> redmine-gems # rake db:migrate_plugins RAILS_ENV=production
Reload Rails and Redmine.
The plugin could be setup in the
Configure link of the "Redmine Gems" plugin
You have to precise to paths in this configuration panel.
- SVN exportation path
- gemdir path (gem server) (optionnel)
You could use two permissions in this plugin with the
Administration>Roles and permissions menu
For all of the different profiles avaibles :
- permission : View rubygems,
- permission : Build rubygems
Plugin must be added in all the projects you would use it in.
When have install this plugins as a module in a project, a "Gems" tabs could be found in the project menu after the "Repository" tabs.
If you click on this tabs, the plugin start and you could see if you a have a configured SVN Repository with tags create in it "tags" folder (mandatory).
The plugin also could ask you to create Redmine version to attach, if none exists (mandatory).
- if one/some SVN tags exists, plugin try to associate Redmine Version for each of this tags, if not you have to do this association yourself (select list).
- Plugin will scan the tags folder root th find a Rakefile (with a least the clobber, clean or gem generic Gem/rake targets ) or a Gemspec (*.gemspec files), if this methods exists twice, you have to choose one (select list).
- Plugin ask you some comments (optional).
- Click on the "Build" button to start the Gem building
- Associated Redmine Version.
- Plugin try to remove eventual old exports.
- Plugin export the selected SVN tag.
- Plugin change directory in the tags folder.
- Plugin build Gem with the selected building method.
- Plugin attach gem file in the 'Files' Redmine module under the specified version.
- Plugin persist a building record (Rubygem Rails model) or modify existing one and add update date (display in the informations precised in the Gems building list).
The Rails model act as an activity and an event and the plugins as an Activity provider, so, in the "Activity" tab, you could see a message if you check (on the right side, in the default Redmine theme ) the box concerning Activities of the Redmine Gems