RedmineUsers » History » Version 14
Etienne Massip, 2012-03-30 20:04
Detail locked account behavior
h1. Managing users
|3||8||Mischa The Evil||
|4||8||Mischa The Evil|
h2. Users list
|7||9||Mischa The Evil||
The users list shows only the activated users by default. To view all users (activated, registered and locked users), change the status filter to 'all'.
|9||9||Mischa The Evil||
* *Login:* The login of the user.
|11||9||Mischa The Evil||
* *Firstname:* The firstname of the user.
|13||9||Mischa The Evil||
* *Lastname:* The lastname of the user.
|14||9||Mischa The Evil|
|15||9||Mischa The Evil||
* *Email:* The email adress of the user.
|16||9||Mischa The Evil|
|17||9||Mischa The Evil||
* *Administrator:* If the icon !/images/true.png! is present, the user is designated as an administrator who has unrestricted access to the application and to all projects.
|18||9||Mischa The Evil|
|19||9||Mischa The Evil||
* *Created:* Indicates the date when this user account has been created.
|20||9||Mischa The Evil|
|21||9||Mischa The Evil||
* *Last connection:* Indicates the date when this user logged into the application the last time.
|22||9||Mischa The Evil|
|23||9||Mischa The Evil||
|24||9||Mischa The Evil|
|25||9||Mischa The Evil||
h3. User status
|26||9||Mischa The Evil|
|27||9||Mischa The Evil||
Depending on the global configuration users can have several statuses:
|28||11||Mischa The Evil||
|29||9||Mischa The Evil||
** This icon !/images/locked.png! means that the account is activated. A user having an activated account can log in and access the application.
|30||9||Mischa The Evil||
** This icon !/images/unlock.png! means that the account is locked. A user having a locked account:
*** cannot log in and access the application
*** cannot be assigned to an issue
*** cannot be set as watcher of an issue
*** don't receive email notifications
*** is not listed as a member of the project in project overview screen
|37||9||Mischa The Evil||
|38||12||Mischa The Evil||
** This icon !/images/unlock.png! can also mean that the account is registered but _not activated_. A user having a registered account cannot log in and access the application.
|39||12||Mischa The Evil||
This status is used for [[RedmineSettings#Self-registration|self-registered]] users which first needs to be activated by either visiting a link provided by email themselves or by an Redmine administrator manually.
|40||9||Mischa The Evil|
|41||11||Mischa The Evil||
The Lock/Unlock buttons let you *lock/unlock* the activated users and the Activate button let you *activate* registered users.
|42||9||Mischa The Evil|
h2. User authentication
Users are authenticated by _login_ and _password_. These tokens can be managed by Redmine directly, by an external LDAP or OpenId server, or by Redmine plugins which allow for instance to reuse an already available Apache authentication.
h2. Adding or editing a User
|49||9||Mischa The Evil||
_A user designated as an administrator has unrestricted access to the application and to all the projects._
|51||9||Mischa The Evil||
|52||9||Mischa The Evil||
|53||9||Mischa The Evil||
## This statement is important ##
In editing mode, leave the Password field blank in order to keep the user's password unchanged.
|56||9||Mischa The Evil||
## Improve this list to match global descriptions and to prevent duplication ##
* Login - The User's Login account.
* Firstname - The User's First name.
* Lastname - The User's Last name
* Email - A user's email address which receive a mail sended by project.
* Language - Set a User's mother language.
* Administrator - If checked this property, this account has unrestriced access to the application and to all projects.
** Password - New password
** Confirmation - Confirm a new password
* Send account information to the user - If checked this property, send a Account information to the user's email address when changed user's information by administrator.
|67||9||Mischa The Evil||
|68||9||Mischa The Evil|
|69||9||Mischa The Evil||
h2. Deleting a User
|70||9||Mischa The Evil|
|71||9||Mischa The Evil||
|72||9||Mischa The Evil||
|73||9||Mischa The Evil||
Document the fact that users cannot be deleted from the Redmine system and link to references.
I think it's worth describing in more detail what the Lock function does. This was important to me,
when faced with the task of blocking a former employee from our system. Here's what I've found so far:
* Prevents the user from logging in to Redmine.
* Excludes the user from various user lists (assignee, Feedback giver, watcher, etc.).
* Omits the user's name from the project overview's list of all project members.
* Prevents the user from receiving Redmine emails. (http://www.redmine.org/issues/5773)
|83||9||Mischa The Evil||