RedmineUsers » History » Version 10
The users list shows only the activated users by default. To view all users (activated, registered and locked users), change the status filter to 'all'.
- Login: The login of the user.
- Firstname: The firstname of the user.
- Lastname: The lastname of the user.
- Email: The email adress of the user.
- Administrator: If the icon is present, the user is designated as an administrator who has unrestricted access to the application and to all projects.
- Created: Indicates the date when this user account has been created.
- Last connection: Indicates the date when this user logged into the application the last time.
User status¶Depending on the global configuration users can have several statuses:
- This icon means that the account is activated. A user having an activated account can log in and access the application.
- This icon means that the account is locked. A user having a locked account cannot log in and access the application.
- This icon can also mean that the account is registered. A user having a registered account cannot log in and access the application. (TODO, explain and add references)
The Lock/Unlock buttons let you lock/unlock the activated users and the Activate button let you activate registered users.
Users are authenticated by login and password. These tokens can be managed by Redmine directly, by an external LDAP or OpenId server, or by Redmine plugins which allow for instance to reuse an already available Apache authentication.
Adding or editing a User¶
A user designated as an administrator has unrestricted access to the application and to all the projects.
## This statement is important ## In editing mode, leave the Password field blank in order to keep the user's password unchanged. ## Improve this list to match global descriptions and to prevent duplication ## * Login - The User's Login account. * Firstname - The User's First name. * Lastname - The User's Last name * Email - A user's email address which receive a mail sended by project. * Language - Set a User's mother language. * Administrator - If checked this property, this account has unrestriced access to the application and to all projects. * Authentication ** Password - New password ** Confirmation - Confirm a new password * Send account information to the user - If checked this property, send a Account information to the user's email address when changed user's information by administrator.
Deleting a User¶
Document the fact that users cannot be deleted from the Redmine system and link to references.