Manual installation of Redmine can be painful and time consuming, especially for users lacking technical proficiency. Many users find that using a pre-integrated software appliance is an easier way to get up and running with Redmine, especially in combination with virtual machine software (e.g., VMWare, VirtualBox, Xen HVM, KVM).
A software appliance is a pre-packaged server that allows users to skip manual installation of Redmine and its dependencies, and instead deploy a self-contained, ready-to-use system that requires little to no setup.
- Dockerised Redmine from sameersbn - and forum on that and a less good docker image forum#43317
- TurnKey Redmine: free lightweight Ubuntu-based appliance that just works. Deploys in minutes to a virtual machine, bare metal or in the cloud. Part of the TurnKey Linux Virtual Appliance Library
- Bitnami Redmine Stack: An installer that deploys Redmine natively on all major operating systems. Also deploys as a virtual machine and in the cloud.
- Clinker Virtual Appliance: Integrated Software Development Ecosystem. Based on Open Source tools like Subversion, Git, Redmine, Jenkins, Nexus and Sonar.
- Jetware Redmine constructor: free online constructor and appliances library providing virtual machines, cloud launch and installers that deploy Redmine on all Linux distributions.