Defect #4682

Completed version with wrong progress bar status

Added by Christiaan Kras over 8 years ago. Updated almost 3 years ago.

Status:NewStart date:2010-01-28
Priority:NormalDue date:
Assignee:-% Done:


Target version:Candidate for next minor release
Resolution: Affected version:1.1.2


I have a version inside a project which only contains 2 bugs/issues. Both of them were fixed and percentage of completement is both at 100%. Yet, as you can see in the screenshot, it shows 100% complete, but according to the progress bar 1 issue isn't closed yet. Which is actually.

I've tried setting the completement status to 90%, save, and set it back to a 100%. But no luck.

I've setup my Redmine instance to check the commit messages in my repository. When it says closes/fixes #<issue nr> it sets the status to resolved and at 100% ready/complete. This so far hasn't lead to any problems before.

roadmap-percentage-bug.PNG (15 KB) Christiaan Kras, 2010-01-28 16:39

wrong_completed_percent_computation_with_0_time_issues.patch Magnifier (4.07 KB) Etienne Massip, 2011-04-13 20:59

wrong_completed_percent_computation_with_0_time_issues.patch Magnifier - v2 (4.4 KB) Etienne Massip, 2011-04-16 18:04

Related issues

Related to Redmine - Feature #2182: Weighted version completion percentage Closed 2008-11-13


#1 Updated by Christiaan Kras over 8 years ago

Some extra info.

The last issue I changed from resolved to closed also had an time estamate which I changed to 0 whilst closing the issue. Maybe something went wrong here?

#2 Updated by Christiaan Kras over 8 years ago

If a issue has the expected time set to 0.0 the earlier reported error happens. After removing it and saving the issue the problem is solved.

Seems to me that the part that calculates the progress should ignore issues with a expected time of 0.

#3 Updated by Etienne Massip over 7 years ago

  • Target version set to Candidate for next minor release
  • Affected version (unused) changed from 0.9.0 to 1.1.2
  • Affected version changed from 0.9.0 to 1.1.2

#4 Updated by Etienne Massip over 7 years ago

Here's a patch.

I believe there is a similar issue with done percent computation for a task with subtasks.

#5 Updated by Etienne Massip over 7 years ago

There is a very simpler patch which consists to add in Version#closed_pourcent the test

if open_issues_count == 0

which already exists in Version#completed_pourcent.

#6 Updated by Etienne Massip over 7 years ago

Full patch with tests.

Basically there are two possible calculation (depending on whether there is a total time estimated), which was intended to be prevented in #2182.

#7 Updated by Go MAEDA almost 3 years ago

This issue still can be reproduced in Redmine 3.2.0.

Also available in: Atom PDF