Defect #5896

"Assigned to" text in issue comments is "incorrect"

Added by Ве Fio over 7 years ago. Updated over 7 years ago.

Status:ClosedStart date:2010-07-17
Priority:NormalDue date:
Assignee:-% Done:

0%

Category:UI
Target version:-
Resolution:Duplicate Affected version:

Description

I was browsing Redmine issues here, and in #5158, I noticed it says "Assigned to set to #{name}". Wouldn't it be better if it simply said "Assigned to #{name}"? "Assigned to set to" is technically incorrect and doesn't sound or look correct.


Related issues

Duplicates Redmine - Defect #3922: Bad english arround "Assigned to" text in journal entries Closed 2009-09-25

History

#1 Updated by Felix Schäfer over 7 years ago

  • Category changed from Issues to UI

The problem is that the journal entries are generated like "<field name> set to <new value of field name>", and in the case of "assigned to", well it sounds awkward. The other solution would be to change the field name to "assignee".

#2 Updated by Jean-Baptiste Barth over 7 years ago

  • Resolution set to Duplicate

It has already been reported in #3922.

#3 Updated by Felix Schäfer over 7 years ago

  • Status changed from New to Closed

I had been looking for that one, thanks JB.

#4 Updated by Jean-Baptiste Barth over 7 years ago

Not easy to find, I changed the title there to be more explicit.

Also available in: Atom PDF