Defect #6249

Create and continue returns 404

Added by Tom Rochette about 7 years ago. Updated about 7 years ago.

Status:ClosedStart date:2010-08-30
Priority:NormalDue date:
Assignee:Eric Davis% Done:

100%

Category:Issues
Target version:1.0.2
Resolution:Fixed Affected version:

Description

r4050

If I try to create a new bug and use the "Create and continue" button, the bug is actually created, but routing is incorrect (returning me to /issue/new?issue[tracker_id]=(int value here). To "fix", either move

map.resources :issues, :member => { :edit => :post }, :collection => {}

after

map.resources :issues, :path_prefix => '/projects/:project_id', :collection => { :create => :post }

or remove the line completely. I'm not entirely sure what removing this line causes as side effects, but with it I'm still able to create new bugs and use the "create and continue" button.


Related issues

Duplicated by Redmine - Defect #6333: Create and continue results in a 404 Error Closed 2010-09-08

History

#1 Updated by Tom Rochette about 7 years ago

Removing the line will remove all support for those routes (while putting after seems to be fine):

GET    /issues(.:format)?                       {:controller=>"issues", :action=>"index"}
POST   /issues(.:format)?                       {:controller=>"issues", :action=>"create"}
GET    /issues/new(.:format)?                   {:controller=>"issues", :action=>"new"}
GET    /issues/:id/edit(.:format)?              {:controller=>"issues", :action=>"edit"}
POST   /issues/:id/edit(.:format)?              {:controller=>"issues", :action=>"edit"}
GET    /issues/:id(.:format)?                   {:controller=>"issues", :action=>"show"}
PUT    /issues/:id(.:format)?                   {:controller=>"issues", :action=>"update"}
DELETE /issues/:id(.:format)?                   {:controller=>"issues", :action=>"destroy"}

#2 Updated by Felix Schäfer about 7 years ago

Eric, AFAIK you are the only one that has been playing with the routes recently, could you have a look at this?

#3 Updated by Eric Davis about 7 years ago

  • Category set to Issues
  • Assignee set to Eric Davis

Yea, I'll take a look at it. Since all of my refactoring passes the test suite, this feature must not have a test for it.

#4 Updated by Brian Wilson about 7 years ago

Pretty sure this duplicates #6333 ?

#5 Updated by Jean-Baptiste Barth about 7 years ago

Brian: yes, sorry I didn't see this one at all.
Tom: can you confirm r4083 solved the problem before we close ?

#6 Updated by Brian Wilson about 7 years ago

The fix works for me.

#7 Updated by Eric Davis about 7 years ago

  • Status changed from New to Resolved
  • Target version set to 1.0.2
  • % Done changed from 0 to 100
  • Resolution set to Fixed

Just tested on r4094 and it's working again. Thanks for fixing that for me Jean-Baptiste.

I'm going to flag this as 1.0.2 for now. I need to review all of my refactorings this weekend to see which ones should go into 1.0.2 and which should go into 1.1.0.

#8 Updated by Eric Davis about 7 years ago

  • Status changed from Resolved to Closed

Merged into 1.0-stable for release in 1.0.2

#9 Updated by Tom Rochette about 7 years ago

Works correctly for me in r4167 (and probably before). I've been using it for a while now. This can be closed.

Also available in: Atom PDF