Defect #6882

Plugin multilanguage not working

Added by Nils Linde almost 9 years ago. Updated over 6 years ago.

Status:ClosedStart date:2010-11-13
Priority:NormalDue date:2013-04-01
Assignee:-% Done:

0%

Category:Plugin API
Target version:-
Resolution:No feedback Affected version:1.0.3

Description

I have noticed, that eaven if there are both language files (plugin-dir/config/local and lang), when switching languages, it shows that it has not found those language strings.
Only after I copy that plugin language content to main (config/locales) file, only then, it works. I think it's a bug, cause default version (english) is working correctly, no errors shown, but when switch language, errors reaveals.
I have checked, my new language files is copy of english ones, and have added correct country code and everything is set to work, but no.

History

#1 Updated by Nils Linde almost 9 years ago

  • Assignee deleted (Azamat Hackimov)

#2 Updated by Jean-Philippe Lang almost 9 years ago

  • Category changed from Translations to Plugin API
  • Priority changed from High to Normal

I've just tested with 1.0.3 and the sample plugin (that can be found in extra/sample_plugin) and localization is fine.

#3 Updated by Nils Linde almost 9 years ago

So, that could be the plugin problem?
Is there anything more to be done, than just adding a yml file to those directories with specific language code (and for new version, adding language code to first line, e.g. en: or lv:)?

#4 Updated by Henrik Ammer almost 9 years ago

Nils Linde wrote:

So, that could be the plugin problem?
Is there anything more to be done, than just adding a yml file to those directories with specific language code (and for new version, adding language code to first line, e.g. en: or lv:)?

Have you restarted the webserver? Cuz my webserver running Redmine in production mode definatly needs one for new language files.

#5 Updated by Nils Linde almost 9 years ago

Henrik Ammer wrote:

Nils Linde wrote:

So, that could be the plugin problem?
Is there anything more to be done, than just adding a yml file to those directories with specific language code (and for new version, adding language code to first line, e.g. en: or lv:)?

Have you restarted the webserver? Cuz my webserver running Redmine in production mode definatly needs one for new language files.

Ofcourse, it needs restart after every string change, cause it needs to recompile templates. Have done that, nothing helps...

#6 Updated by Ivan Cenov over 6 years ago

I did not encountered such problem. We use several plugins that were localized in our Bulgarian language and there were no any problems.

#7 Updated by Daniel Felix over 6 years ago

  • Due date set to 2013-04-01
  • Status changed from New to Needs feedback

The same for me with German language files.

Please recheck if this still occurs with current Redmine releases. Otherwise I will close this in two weeks (1st April).

Thanks!

#8 Updated by Ivan Cenov over 6 years ago

Plugins that respect language that is set in user's profile, tested now:

#9 Updated by Daniel Felix over 6 years ago

  • Status changed from Needs feedback to Closed
  • Resolution set to No feedback

Closing this as there is no feedback on this issue. We thing this is resolved in current releases.

Thanks Ivan for testing.

Also available in: Atom PDF