Allow non-members to watch issues
It happens that some people are not involved in a project but they need to watch what happens in it or in particular issues.
An example: The boss. He is not a member of a project, but he wants to track an issue in this project. He should be able to add himself as a watcher. Also the manager of the project should be able to add the boss as a watcher.
I see the functionality this way:
- Add new permission "Watch as non-member"
- New/Edit issue views: Add separate drop-down list with nonmembers of the project & button "Watch"
- When an user opens an issue of a project where he is not a member: add a button or a checkbox with function "Add me as watcher"
#2 Updated by Jean-Philippe Lang over 1 year ago
- Status changed from New to Closed
- Resolution set to Duplicate
See #5159 which is now implemented.
When an user opens an issue of a project where he is not a member: add a button or a checkbox with function "Add me as watcher"
A user can click the existing "Watch" button even if he's not a project member.