Plans for next Redmine releases
Redmine 1.1 will be released in the next few weeks.
Shortly after that, Redmine 1.2 will be devoted to workflow and issue permissions enhancement. It will bring some of the most requested features: private issues, ability for certain roles to view their own issues, more configurable workflow, and permissions on issue properties. A tagging system, another highly requested feature, will be added in 1.3.
Efforts will also be made on these releases to improve the REST API based on your feedback.
For those who are interested, here is a list of some of the most popular feature requests on redmine.org. While some of them are already planned as mentioned above, the others may not be added to the core in a near feature:
- #337 Private issues
- #779 Multiple SCM per project
- #1448 Add tags to issues
- #2653 New permission for issues: view_own_issue
- #3463 Export wiki pages to PDF/DOC
- #1077 ICS view of Calendar
- #801 WebDAV access to Documents/Files
- #3816 Allow pasting screenshots in issues
- #1189 Multiselect custom fields
- #2964 Ability to assign issues to groups