Redmine 2.1.0 and 2.0.4 released
- Issues and workflow improvements: you can now configure required and read-only issue fields per role, tracker and status. You can also disable core fields that you don't use on a per tracker basis.
- Issue list and filters: issues can now be filtered by custom fields defined on your projects (eg. say you have a "Customer" custom fields on your projects, you will be able to filter issues for a given customer across all projects)
- Thumbnails: you can enable the automatic display of thumbnails for images attached to an issue. And a new macro lets you add clickable thumbnails of an attached image in any formatted text (eg. wiki page, news...).
- Closed projects: a new permission is added to let project members close/reopen projects. Unlike archived projects, closed projects are still visible but the project and all its data (issues, wiki...) is read-only.
- Subtaks copy: when copying an issue, an option lets you copy subtasks too.
- REST API: Groups can now be managed through the resp API. And the REST API now supports JSONP in order to retrieve data from a server in a different domain
- Macros: macros can now accept an optional block of text, making it easy to define custom text processors.
- Internals: Redmine now uses JQuery instead of Prototype + scriptaculous
You can review the full list of changes and fixes in the changelog.
Redmine 2.0.4 is a last maintenance release for the 2.0.x branch. Redmine 1.4.x will be maintained for security updates until the end of 2012.