Upgrade from 1.1.3 to 2.4.3?
Added by Leo Crowley over 9 years ago
(sorry for my bad english) I have an instance of redmine running 1.1.3 on a windows machine. I remember it was not easy to make it run, my biggest problem was with ruby and dependencies. But now I need to run 2.4.3... so, maybe this is a crazy question but it is possible to upgrade from 1.1.3? Has anyome attempt to do this? How can I do it?
RE: Upgrade from 1.1.3 to 2.4.3? - Added by Leo Crowley over 9 years ago
First, sorry for posting this on the wrong forum. I have just upgraded my redmine instance and it worked perfectly fine, I cannot believe it... my steps:
- Installed a new instance of redmine on another windows machine using bitnami installer (i cannot believe how fast and easy this was)
- Exported the mysql database from 1.1.3 (called redmine).
- Imported the mysql database on the new machine. Renamed the bitnami_redmine database to bitnami_redmine2.
- Renamed my old redmine database to bitnami_redmine.
- Executed the command: bundle exec rake db:migrate RAILS_ENV=production
And thats it. Redmine is working perfectly.
RE: Upgrade from 1.1.3 to 2.4.3? - Added by Reyes Kreiger over 9 years ago
Thanks for posting the steps Leo. I've been looking to do the same thing you did and those steps you listed worked like a charm!
RE: Upgrade from 1.1.3 to 2.4.3? - Added by Samuel Samfra over 9 years ago
I recommend you to remove all your plugins first...
then install them one by one if they are 2.4.3 compatible.