Can Redmine monitor trunk and branches for commits?

Added by Jason Morris about 10 years ago

My project has trunk and then two branches, a release and release prep. New features land on the trunk, but when there is a bug that needs a hotfix, I fix it on the release branch, commit it and release from that branch. However, I do not get the automatic closing and integration with the ticket because redmine is only monitoring the trunk.

Is there a way for redmine to monitor the trunk and branches of an SVN repository for commits?

All my searches didn't turn up any info about configuring redmine for this.

Replies (7)

RE: Can Redmine monitor trunk and branches for commits? - Added by Thomas M about 10 years ago

Hi, maybe you should consider modifying the repository link for your project (in the project settings).

From what I understand it may be like :

svn://yourserver.com/therepository/TRUNK
and you need to change it to :
svn://yourserver.com/therepository

One more thing, I fix it on the release branch sounds very odd with a configuration management point of view.

RE: Can Redmine monitor trunk and branches for commits? - Added by Davide Ferrari about 10 years ago

Thomas M wrote:

One more thing, I fix it on the release branch sounds very odd with a configuration management point of view.

Can I ask why is this odd? I thought that bugfixing in the stable branch is a very common way of working.

RE: Can Redmine monitor trunk and branches for commits? - Added by Thomas M about 10 years ago

Hi Davide,
you're right fixing bugs on a stable (but moving) Branch is common.

As far as my reading is fine you were talking about fixing bug on a release branch :

Davide Ferrari wrote:

I fix it on the release branch, commit it and release from that branch

From my point of view branching is done for features and bug fixes, tags are for releasing and a release is not meant to ... move.

RE: Can Redmine monitor trunk and branches for commits? - Added by Jason Morris about 10 years ago

@Thomas Thanks, that was such an obvious solution, that I completely overlooked it. Now, the repository settings are not editable and my only option is to delete. With I lose all my current associations between issues and revisions?

RE: Can Redmine monitor trunk and branches for commits? - Added by Thomas M about 10 years ago

Jason Morris wrote:

@Thomas Thanks, that was such an obvious solution, that I completely overlooked it. Now, the repository settings are not editable and my only option is to delete. With I lose all my current associations between issues and revisions?

Hi Jason,
I don't know if you will lose anything. I don't know if relations are made based on the SVN revision (should work) or on another ID computed when the repository is parsed (should not work).

If your data are important it's maybe worth a try with sort of a sandbox (or the developement database if any).

RE: Can Redmine monitor trunk and branches for commits? - Added by Alexandre Rogoski about 10 years ago

Thomas M wrote:

Jason Morris wrote:

@Thomas Thanks, that was such an obvious solution, that I completely overlooked it. Now, the repository settings are not editable and my only option is to delete. With I lose all my current associations between issues and revisions?

Hi Jason,
I don't know if you will lose anything. I don't know if relations are made based on the SVN revision (should work) or on another ID computed when the repository is parsed (should not work).

If your data are important it's maybe worth a try with sort of a sandbox (or the developement database if any).

I will not lose the associations but you should make a dump first.
When you add the repo again it will take some time to review all commit messages and relink the associations.

RE: Can Redmine monitor trunk and branches for commits? - Added by Jason Morris about 10 years ago

@Alexandre Thanks, it worked as you stated. I was able to drop my repository from redmine project and then add it back. All issue to revision associations showed back up.

(1-7/7)