Mongrel problem during redmine upgrade to 0.9.2
I have started using redmine since 0.8.3 and have updated it from 0.8.x branch periodically and lastly used 0.8.7.
Today I checked out from svn 0.9.x branch the 0.9.2 version and upgraded the system by using the docs in
Once I started mongrel in the end, it however refused to start due to following error: in logs/mongrel.log
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-2.3.5/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:440:in `load_missing_constant': uninitialized constant ActionController::AbstractRequest (NameError)
from /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-2.3.5/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:80:in `const_missing'
from /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/mongrel-1.1.5/bin/../lib/mongrel/rails.rb:151:in `rails'
from /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/mongrel-1.1.5/bin/mongrel_rails:113:in `cloaker_'
from /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/mongrel-1.1.5/bin/../lib/mongrel/configurator.rb:149:in `call'
from /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/mongrel-1.1.5/bin/../lib/mongrel/configurator.rb:149:in `listener'
from /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/mongrel-1.1.5/bin/mongrel_rails:99:in `cloaker_'
from /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/mongrel-1.1.5/bin/../lib/mongrel/configurator.rb:50:in `call'
from /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/mongrel-1.1.5/bin/../lib/mongrel/configurator.rb:50:in `initialize'
from /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/mongrel-1.1.5/bin/mongrel_rails:84:in `new'
from /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/mongrel-1.1.5/bin/mongrel_rails:84:in `run'
from /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/mongrel-1.1.5/bin/../lib/mongrel/command.rb:212:in `run'
from /usr/bin/mongrel_rails:19:in `load'
To get it working, I needed to add file redmine/config/initializers/mongrel_cluster_with_rails_23_fix.rb
with following content
class AbstractRequest < ActionController::Request
Maybe it would be good idea to include this file by default in redmine 0.9.x branch?
I had similar problem, but the above solution didn't worked.
So I researched a little bit and found the problem in the way I have upgraded my Redmine!
(copy old, extract new files over old files).
Unfortunately some files were just deprecated and remained in the directory
Remove it and it is working.
I had the same issue when upgrading my bitnami installation (on Windows Server 2003) with the trunk version.
From what I understood, the bitnami installation was modified and you have
to follow the instructions given here : http://bitnami.org/article/how-to-backup-and-update-the-bitnami-redmine-stack
To sum up, you have to copy the following folder (with sub-folder) to your new install :
Also, update your env variables with the content of scripts/setenv.bat : it will let
you use imageMagick, ruby, rake and stuff from the command line without warning (missing
magick core dll...).
RE: Mongrel problem during redmine upgrade to 0.9.2 - Added by Jan Niggemann (redmine.org team member) about 10 years ago
Un-sticking this, mongrel is unmaintained, there are better alternatives (that even work with ruby > 1.9.2)