Date display is corrupted in Russian language

Added by Alexey Starchikhin over 9 years ago

When i use Redmine with Russian locale, all dates are displayed corrupted (see attachment). In English everything is ok. Do you know how to fix this?

dates.jpg (124 KB)

Replies (7)

RE: Date display is corrupted in Russian language - Added by Alexey Starchikhin over 9 years ago

I've just upgraded to 1.0, but this bug was in earlier version too.

RE: Date display is corrupted in Russian language - Added by Felix Schäfer over 9 years ago

This doesn't seem to be part of any of the defaults shipped with redmine, have you done any modifications to the redmine code?

RE: Date display is corrupted in Russian language - Added by Alexey Starchikhin over 9 years ago

I just examined the source of this html page. These symbols are "Московское время (лето)" - "Moscow time(summer)" in Russian
For a some reason russian locale displays it after the date (other languages don't), and it's WIN-1251 encoded string inside of UTF-8 page, that's why it's corrupted.

RE: Date display is corrupted in Russian language - Added by Felix Schäfer over 9 years ago

That doesn't appear in the redmine language files, hence I'm afraid your problem lies elsewhere… Can you reproduce this error here on redmine.org or on demo.redmine.org ?

No, i can't, there is no such error here with russian locale. But, redmine.org and demo.redmine.org use different date output format.
I switched to russian locale in both cases.

On redmine.org:
2010-07-21 18:20

On demo.redmine.org:
Ср, 21 июля 2010, 12:01:38 -0700

Where these formats defined?

The strings are defined in config/locales/ru.yml, but I wasn't able to find the string you mentioned in there. Is your redmine installed from svn/git, could you make a diff to see if you find the source of the change.

No need, i've found fix for it - time zone in profile should be defined. If time zone is empty, this bug appears.

(1-7/7)