Where to put email.yml?

Added by Marc Kraak over 9 years ago

I created an email.yml configuration file and put it in /usr/share/redmine/config/email.yml
My Redmine installation still tells me that email is not configured and that I should put an email.yml file in /config
My email.yml contains folowing:

1. Outgoing email settings

production:
delivery_method: :smtp
smtp_settings:
address: mail.MYPROVIDER.nl
port: 25
#domain:
authentication: :none
#user_name:
#password: redmine

development:
smtp_settings:
address: mail.MYPROVIDER.nl
port: 25
#domain: example.net
authentication: :none

Replies (7)

RE: Where to put email.yml? - Added by Lukas Jelonek over 9 years ago

Hello,

I have exactly the same problem. I use redmine 1.0.2 and config/email.yml is not detected. Here is my email.yml:

production:
  smtp_settings:
    address: "localhost" 
    port: '25'

Is there anything I have done wrong?

Greetings,
Lukas

RE: Where to put email.yml? - Added by Holger Just over 9 years ago

If you run the debian package, the paths are different than what you will find in most guides.

The email.yml is probably going to /etc/redmine/default/email.yml. if you use this package. See /usr/share/doc/redmine/README.debian (or similar) for more info.

Hello Holger,

I am not using a debian system. I installed ruby and redmine by hand without any packaging system on a sunos machine. Everything else works fine, except the email-configuration.

Greetings,
Lukas

I solved the problem. On the machine where redmine is run, the redmine volume is mounted read-only. Now I copied the email.yml to some other location and created a symlink to this place, restarted redmine and it works fine. I even could replace the symlink with the original file and the mail configuration still works.
For me it seems that for the initial configuration the email.yml must be writable. But I won't investigate it further, as the problem is solved.

RE: Where to put email.yml? - Added by Marc Kraak over 9 years ago

I know now where to put this file, but now e-mails are sent.
I use the smpt-server of my provider to send mails.
How can I check why email aren't send?

RE: Where to put email.yml? - Added by Felix Schäfer over 9 years ago

Try sending the test email from the administration > configuration > email pane, that should show you what error redmine faces.

RE: Where to put email.yml? - Added by Marc Kraak over 9 years ago

That did the trick. Thanks! I now have my gmail configured and it works like a charm!

(1-7/7)