Redmine 2.1.4 -> Relate issues between two projects

Added by Tim Bennen almost 8 years ago

Hello all!

I am using the latest Redmine version 2.1.4. and I have a project A with two subprojects A1 and A2.
Now I want to relate issues between the two subprojects A1 and A2, but I get the error that
the related issue does not belong to the same project, of course, because it is another subproject.

I know, in Administration -> Settings -> Issue Tracking I can check "Allow cross-project issue relations", but this
is not what I want to have, because then I can relate issues between all(!) projects, but I only want between
to specific (sub)projects. If that is not possible, it is also okay to relate inside the project A and the subprojects A1 and A2.

Anyone an idea how to do this?

Best regards.

Replies (3)

RE: Redmine 2.1.4 -> Relate issues between two projects - Added by Ivan Cenov almost 8 years ago

You want to have relations enabled in project tree only but I think this functionality is not implemented.

RE: Redmine 2.1.4 -> Relate issues between two projects - Added by Tim Bennen almost 8 years ago

Yes, I also think so, because I can not find anything to define this.
But this is a feature which I think occurs more often in daily project management business.

I opened an issue (feature request): http://www.redmine.org/issues/12546

RE: Redmine 2.1.4 -> Relate issues between two projects - Added by Ivan Cenov almost 8 years ago

You may workaround this by enabling relations between all projects and tell your users to not make 'incorrect' relations.

Hmmm, what should happen in this use case:

There is created project hierarchy. Several issues are populated in it; then relations are created.
Some day the project manager / administrator decides to reorganize the hierarchy and creates two hierarchies of the projects. What about the relations that will cross the hierarchy tree? I am not sure what is right strategy...

(1-3/3)