Upgrading redmine from 2.3.1?
I've inherited a server running Redmine 2.3.1 on Ubuntu 12.04. What should I do to update these to the latest version?
RE: Upgrading redmine from 2.3.1? - Added by Bernhard Rohloff about 1 month ago
My list of steps would look like this:
- Create a backup of the database and attachments
- Check if there are any plugins installed and if yes, check if they're compatible with the new Redmine version?
- Spin up a new Server with an actively maintained OS (of choice).
- Install a recent version of Redmine as described here.
- Test if Redmine is running and accessible.
- Move the existing configuration to the new instance.
- Point it to the existing 2.3.1 Redmine database.
- Run the database migration as shown in step 6 and step over step 7.
- Copy over your files.
- Test if Redmine runs without any errors.
- Install new versions of existing plugins.
- Configure existing cron jobs on the new server.