I receive email notifications of my own changes despite explicit settings to avoid this
I am one of several admins for our redmine installation. I have configured email notifications which work nicely. Except that I get a lot of emails I don't want. In particular, I get emails with updates of my own changes, despite selection "Only for things I watch or I am assigned to" and checking "I don't want to be notified of changes that I make myself". When I, for example, create a wiki page and then edit this page, I get one email per edit. Even though I don't watch the page. Is this a bug, or have I missed something?
I have search the forum and issue tracker, but could not find this particular problem. Redmine version info is pasted below. Very grateful for any feedback!
Redmine version 4.1.1.stable
Ruby version 2.5.5-p157 (2019-03-15) [x86_64-linux-gnu]
Rails version 188.8.131.52
Database adapter Mysql2
Mailer queue ActiveJob::QueueAdapters::AsyncAdapter
Mailer delivery smtp
RE: I receive email notifications of my own changes despite explicit settings to avoid this - Added by Marius BALTEANU over 1 year ago
Can you try without any plugin?
RE: I receive email notifications of my own changes despite explicit settings to avoid this - Added by Eskil Varenius over 1 year ago
Not right now - I'd need to set up a mirror of the site and other things are more pressing. But are there any particular plugins which you suspect may cause this? If not, I will try without all of them, but that'll be a few weeks due to other urgent matters (redmine admin is not my top task).
RE: I receive email notifications of my own changes despite explicit settings to avoid this - Added by Eskil Varenius about 1 year ago
I finally got time to figure this out. It was a silly thing. The issue was that actually I got emails from two different accounts on my redmine installation. I have two email-aliases for my work email, and I used one for my personal redmine user account, and the other for the "admin" account. I forgot about this, and when I realised I just logged in as "admin" and deselected all notifications. This solved my problem. Apologies for taking peoples time with this silly question, but glad I understood it. Redmine is innocent, just my bad memory!