LDAP Authentication Failure

Added by Dustin Sweigart almost 11 years ago

I got redmine setup to use my ldap server and when I test the connection it says it works fine. However when I try and login it fails to authenticate. I've reset my password a couple times so I'm pretty sure that it isn't just the cause of a typo. Am I missing something, does anyone have any idea to try?

Replies (2)

RE: LDAP Authentication Failure - Added by andy copsey almost 11 years ago

The problem I had was to do with active directory (win sbs 2003) The account name needed to be expressed in the form of a distinguished name rather than login name. See the solution redmine.jpg at the end of the post below. This may not be the same issue you had - but it caused me a lot of grief!

Up to changing the account name - I thought it was binding correctly and that the fault was elsewhere.

http://www.redmine.org/boards/2/topics/9302

Cheers

Andy

RE: LDAP Authentication Failure - Added by Dustin Sweigart almost 11 years ago

Thanks, that was absolutely the problem. I had the login set to "sAMAccountName" but since I'm using apple's open directory their short name is "sn".

(1-2/2)